Siemens AG (Berlin and Munich) is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 170 years. Siemens has been officially present in Vietnam since 1993. Siemens now has three offices located in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City, as well as a busway factory in Binh Duong Province, with a total of more than 300 employees. Siemens is a leading supplier of efficient power generation and power transmission solutions and a pioneer in infrastructure solutions as well as automation, drive and software solutions for industry.
Up to now the power plants built and maintained by Siemens have generated more than 175 billion kWh for Vietnam. Siemens smart grid solutions automate and stabilize Vietnam’s power grid and help to cope with fluctuating energy sources, whereas Siemens technology enables Trung Nam’s solar farm to supply approximately 200,000 households with electricity and save around 250,000 tons of CO2. Our automation solutions help Vietnamese customers in water treatment, food and beverage, paper, cement, machinery, chemical, metal and other industries to enhance their productivity, energy efficiency and flexibility. Siemens’ building technology has supported the German House in Ho Chi Minh City to become one of the most sustainable office buildings in Vietnam. In particular, our most comprehensive Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) portfolio helps Vinfast to fulfill its vision of building the first made in Vietnam car in record time.
Product & Services
Creating unique customer value – merging virtual world & real world
The goal of merging the virtual world of software and the real world of automation is to create a precise digital representation of the real world – Digital Twin. With the help of Digital Twin you can:
- Predict product and production performance
- Reduce the number of physical prototypes
- And ensure that customer requirements have been met thanks to an effective collaboration platform
Using MindSphere, you can connect with real-world product, plants, machines and systems to extract and analyze actual performance an utilization data. With Siemens’ advanced analytics, insights can then be applied to close the loop with the digital product twin and digital production twin to optimize products, simulation models, product systems and processes.
Future of Automation
Automation technology has always been used as a way to boost industrial productivity, particularly when it involves repetitive tasks or manual labor. Automation is one of the main pillars of Siemens business, our vision for manufacturing processes built upon the following 6 levels of change:
- Artificial Intelligence: An endeavor to create machines that can sense, process and act like humans, including object and sound recognition and problem-solving
- Edge Computing: The practice of processing data near the edge of a machine network instead of in a centralized data processing warehouse
- Augmented Reality: An amalgamation of the digital world with the real world which helps generate an enhanced vision of reality
- Block chain: A distributed database, wherein transactions are securely encrypted and replicated across many computers in multiples copies of a ledger.
- Autonomous systems: Systems that can gain information about their environment, adapt and independently make decisions based on reasoning
- Cognitive Engineering: Application of cognitive psychology and related disciplines to the design and operation of human-machine systems
Education – SITRAIN, Siemens Training Center in Vietnam
In Vietnam, SITRAIN officially opened in May 2018 and is located in the heard of Ho Chi Minh City at Deutsches Haus, 33 Le Duan, Ben Nghe Ward, District 1. SITRAIN’s top priority is to further develop the skills and capabilities of leaders in the Industry 4.0 marketplace.
SITRAIN Vietnam has developed, planned and realized training programs for:
- the entire Digital Industries’ product portfolio
- Industry specific domains
Individual needs: customer-tailored training